L-1A and L-1B Visa

For foreigners seeking to work in the United States, L-1A visas are issued for executives and managers while L-1B visas are issued for personnel with specialized knowledge. These are the temporary work visas that allows U.S. companies to hire foreign employees. There are some differences between these visas. With the L-1A visa, foreign employees can stay for up to seven years. The L-1B visa limits the work stay to five years. In addition, L-1A visas do not require the Labor Certification process, and L-1As can apply for permanent residence.

San Francisco Area L-1A and L-1B Visa Attorney

Documents are required for the consular processing of L-1A and L-1B visas. These documents include:

  • Copy of L1 petition filed with the USCIS
  • Non-immigrant visa application (Form DS-156)
  • Recent photograph or passport
  • L1 approval notice (Form I-797)
  • Documents that support the purpose, including corporate relationship and beneficiary’s eligibility

Folsom Immigration Lawyer: The Raoof Law Firm

It’s not uncommon for foreign workers seeking entry to the United States to have questions about the L-1B and L-1A visas. For help, turn to the Raoof Law Firm. The Raoof Law Firm includes immigration issues in its practice and are always happy to assist.

Common questions include the status of spouse, children, limitations and extensions regarding these visas. Both spouses and children can attain L2 status at the same time you’re applying for an L-1B or L-1A visa. Children and spouses can both go to school and attain work permits with the L2 status. Work permits take around 90 days to be issued.

It’s important to note that there are limits on employment. With an L-1A and L-1B visa, you cannot start a business or take a part-time job with another employer. It’s illegal.

If you’ve maxed out your stay with an L-1B visa, you can apply for an L-1A visa. However, this is considered an extension of stay. Plus, there are specific conditions for this. For careful analysis, it’s best to speak with an attorney at the Raoof Law Firm.

How We Can Help You

The Raoof Law Firm practices immigration law firm and has years of experience. We can guide and represent employers in the preparation of blanket and individual L-1A petitions. We provide consultation for companies in the establishment of new offices that are seeking L-1 and L-2 planning for staffing a new facility. In addition, we provide assistance and representation in connection with L-1A and L-1B visa applications at U.S. consulates for both individuals and businesses. We’ll let you know all of your options, so you can make an informed decision.